Social Media Planning
There are generally three questions that we get asked when we're talking to our clients and business associates and they are:
- What is social media marketing?
- How is it relevant to my business?
- What's Twitter?
Let's start with the first one, just what is social media marketing?
Social media marketing comes in all forms of guises from direct person-to-person engagement through real time applications, such as Twitter; all the way through to tactical marketing through profile based advertising to full blown behavourial targeting.
Applications such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter allow businesses and the people within to develop proper relationships with customers and clients. They do this through a number of different functions from real time conversations to blogs and forums. Developing tactical engagement campaigns through these media can be very effective when done properly. However, when done poorly, or half-heartedly they can do more harm than good. These types of engagements are like dating, you start developing the relationship slowy and continuously, establsing trust and building rapport through taking an interest and listening, as well as talking.
Profile based or behavioural targeting covers the more traditional digital opportunities for direct advertising. This could be anything from placing an advert of Facebook for your latest product to profile based segments of the Facebook community - for example, you might only show your new motorbike insurance products to males and females, over 25, UK based with a registered interest in motorcycling; i.e. your only displaying relevant adverts to applicable, proximate people based on the information you know about them. Behavourial targeting takes this concept one step further and you then only show this advert when you have evidence of someone in the demographic showing search activity based around finding motorbike insurance. This is a combination of using profile data, proximity information and behavioural patterns to make sure your advert is in the right place, at the right time, in front of the right person.
How is social media relevant to me?
Social Media is just as relevant to your business as Pay Per Click advertising (PPC) and search engine optimisation (SEO). It's relevant as it can feed into all your other engagement, search and communications activities. Through implementing a properly focused, tactical social media campaign you can create cost effective brand engagement and sales opportunities.
For more information about Twitter and the full range of social media networks available (and this list is by no means exhaustive), please read our page on Social Media Channels.
In a nutshell we can work with you to develop social media acquisition and retention programs. Through working with you to identify target audiences, we can then work out the most appropriate social media platforms, messages and calls to action for you and your business needs.
This breaks down into the following process:
- Audience Profiling - Determining target audiences, the sites that they use, the processes that they go through and size and proximity of these audiences.
- Social Media Platform Selection - Once your audiences have been identified we can then look at the websites that we will target in order to create engagement opportunities.
- Creative Design - Knowing your audience and the chose social media platforms we can then work on developing fantastic creative adverts in order to grab your audiences attention and hold on to it.
- Continuous Dialog - we can even run your social media campaign on your behalf; whether its adding new Facebook forums and content, Tweeting or blogging, we will work to a predefined tactical brief to ensure that your social media campaign is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Monitoring and Reporting - once we're up and running we will ensure through regular (min. monthly) review cycles and reports that your are always up to date with your campaigns performance. This includes continuous cost benefit and ROI reporting.
Speak to our social media experts about what social media can do for you and your organisation, brand, products and services by calling us on 08450 553 888 or email email@example.com.